I maybe speaks in perfect english, or not.
I communicate in Bahasa Melayu and English.
I studied in Bahasa Melayu during school days with mix surroundings of the Malays, Chinese, Indians and the 'English'.
So, I learned Manglish.
Malaysian English. ;)
During University, I studied in English with Malay surroundings.
At times I do feel like I lost my English sense.
But I have friends who've I communicate in English. Just tiny bit. Hoh!
I knew Malay Southern slang, coz of my family, we're the Johorean and Melaka people.
I knew the Utagha slang, coz of my friend, Kechik, Tini, Elyas. hihi. I miss them.
I knew the Timur slang, a lil bit from the Terengganu, Kelantan and Pahang.
Just studied, that Pahang have sorts of slangs. Which I think it's difficult to understand! :p Every place have different slang, can you imagine?
And thanks to someone, now I know how to speak in Sabah!
huahuahua!
It's basically like Chinese language, but it's in Malay words.
Understood? No?
Yeah. If you know Chinese, Malay and English all together, you can speak Sabah easily.
*they tend to shorten everything's up, including "saya"*
:o
2 comments:
tell. me.. where did u learn "terengganu slang".. huh!!!
from my housemateeeeeeeeees.
Post a Comment